EVENWOOD AND BARONY PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY FOR PARISH CLERK
(AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER)
Evenwood and Barony Parish Council wish to appoint a Parish Clerk who will also be the Responsible Financial Officer of the Council.
Salary Per Hour: £13.02
Hours: 8 Hrs / week
Responsible to: The Parish Council
As Clerk to the Council and Responsible Financial Officer you will undertake as a minimum the following duties:
- Producing the Agenda, attending, and writing up the Minutes for all Parish Council meetings (11 per year).
- The keeping of all financial records, preparing the annual budget, managing the audit and reclaiming VAT via appropriate channels.
- The updating of the Parish website with all necessary information.
- Communicating as necessary with organisations and members of the public
- Applying for funding opportunities for the Parish as and when they appear and putting forward bids as and when necessary.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
You will work from (home (or from your own office). You should be able to work on your own initiative.
You should be a competent administrator with excellent IT skills. You should have excellent people skills. Certificate in Local Council Administration (CILCA) is desirable together with experience of local government work. Commitment to study to obtain CILCA will be expected.
To discuss this post further please contact the Clerk of the Council Martin Clark
Tel: 07908 442413 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Wednesday 25 March 2020
Interviews will take place asap after this date.
Applications can be sent in writing, preferably accompanied by a CV, by emailing email@example.com